People who are aging and/or living with disabilities often face an uncertain future with many unanswered “what-if” questions, such as:
- “What will happen if I cannot manage my own money or health care?”
- “When I pass away, what will happen to my assets (my property, money, and/or belongings)?” and “Can I avoid probate?”
- “How will I pay for my health care, especially if I need long-term care?”
- “My child is living with a disability. How can they inherit from me without risking their access to government benefits?”
At Northwoods Law Group (NWLG), we have decades of experience helping people to answer these kinds of questions and make plans for the future.
- We represent clients from all over the State of Minnesota
- We serve people of all ages, with or without disabilities (See also: What Is Elder Law/Special Needs Law?)
NWLG attorneys are knowledgeable about a wide range of legal matters affecting people who are aging and those who are living with disabilities.
Our work primarily falls into two categories:
- We partner with clients to build a personalized estate plan or a long-term care/special needs plan to achieve their individual goals
- We also help clients and/or their loved ones or advocates to carry out those plans
We help people develop their plans for the future, we guide a person’s advocates or loved ones to carry out (to “administer”) existing plans, and we advise people about what to do in the absence of a plan.Contact Northwoods Law Group – do things right, the first time.